Baby Dress Sewing Tutorial
- 90cm 112cm wide fabric
- Sewing Machine/Overlocker
- 2 sets of press-studs or 2 buttons
- Cut all pattern pieces out and with right sides together sew the front left and right arm hole seam, neckline and button stand seam. Right sides together sew the back arm-hole seam and neck line seam.
- Clip all curved edges close to stitching, be careful not to cut the stitching. Turn right way and press with iron.
- Put front and back pieces together and stitch at shoulder seams and side seams. Overlock seams.
- Turn right way and sew a row of top stitching close to edge around neckline and arm holes.
- Add buttons or press-studs and pin lower bodice edge together in place.
- Sew side seams on skirt and overlock.
- Sew a gathering stitch around the top edge of the skirt and gather to same width as bodice. Attach to bodice right sides together and sew/overlock seam.
- French seam the bottom hem.
- Voila! You are finished.
You can lengthen or shorten the bottom skirt edge to suit your child.
Date PostedFriday, 26 January 2018 - 11:49am
Join my mailing list :)
Search my blog
Popular Catergoriesbaby bandana beginners crochet cute dog easy face painting kids monster sewing tutorial
Gem has been running her business for over seven years and has official qualifications in Fashion and Design among other things. Gem began creating and learning how to sew and do crafty things when she was a small child with her grandma, she has fond memories of being taught the skills needed, and more importantly the fun she had with her grandma while she grew up. Gem is a passionate colourful person who is not content unless something new is being learnt or created by herself.